Your initial visit will last about 1 hour and involve the following:
1. Make sure you bring shorts and a tank top, your insurance card, a photo ID and a disc of any imaging (x-ray, CT scan and/or MRI) you have had within the past 1-2 years, as well as a copy of the radiology report.
2. Paperwork will be sent to your email a few days prior to your appointment. You will need to complete the paperwork prior to your actual appointment time. Once completed simply click "submit" and it will be sent securely back to our office to be processed. No need to print anything. Rest assured this process follows strict HIPAA guidelines. This step is important so that your appointment can go as smoothly and timely as possible.
3. One of our staff will meet with you to go over your medical history and obtain vital signs (pulse-ox, blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, height and weight).
4. You will then meet with Dr. Montgomery to discuss your problem. Once completed he will perform an orthopedic, neurological and functional examination to rule-out more serious conditions and assess movement patterns.
5. If imaging has not been recently performed (within the past year), digital x-rays may be taken to evaluate for any pathology so your condition can be accurately diagnosed.
6. Dr. Montgomery will review your examination and imaging findings, and discuss a tailored plan of care specific for your needs.
7. You may receive some form of treatment, such as manipulation, manual soft tissue therapy, exercise instruction, durable medical equipment (i.e. walking boot, night split, knee brace, back brace, etc.), depending on your diagnosis.
8. A report of your initial visit will be sent to your primary health care provider upon the completion of your visit.
We thank you for the opportunity to participate as part of your healthcare team.