Dr. Andre' Montgomery is a chiropractic physician of 18 years. He is a graduate of New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls, N.Y. He completed his undergraduate studies at Binghamton University in Binghamton, N.Y. Prior to opening Montgomery Chiropractic Center in 2004, he was a staff chiropractic physician for a group practice in Strongsville, O.H.
Before beginning his studies towards his Doctor of Chiropractic degree, he was employed as a medical technologist in the clinical laboratory at St. Joseph's Hospital in Elmira, N.Y. His interest in advancing his medical education sent him towards medical school with a focus on orthopedics. At that time he suffered a lower back injury that led him to the office of a chiropractor. His curiosity about the chiropractic profession then guided him to New York Chiropractic College (NYCC). Ironically, at that time there were 15 colleges in the world, and NYCC was 1 hour away. He felt he needed to be in a position to help people improve function and quality of life without surgical intervention.
After completing his studies at NYCC and his hospital based training at Monroe Community Hospital in Rochester, N.Y. in 2002, Dr. Montgomery relocated his family to Ohio to begin his new career. His practice has focused on family health, sports injury and pain management. His practice is built on the strong relationships with the area medical community, and area high school athletic departments to provide timely, quality chiropractic care for injured student athletes. He was the team chiropractor for Brookside High School for over 9 years. He was past assistant director for District 3 of the Ohio State Chiropractic Association and serves as the current vice president of the Northern Ohio Academy of Chiropractic (NOAC). NOAC has helped advance legislature in Ohio to improve and maintain the chiropractic scope of practice to ensure patients are able to access affordable chiropractic care. He is part of the medical staff at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, Cleveland Ohio.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelors in Science from Binghamton University, Binghamton, N.Y.
- Doctor of Chiropractic from New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, N.Y.
- Board Certified Chiropractic Physician
- Licensed to practice in the State of Ohio (License #3302)
- Board Certified by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (ACBSP™) as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP®)
- Certified in Myofascial Dry Needling
- Graston Technique® M1 and M2 Certified
- Rocktape® FMT Basic Certified
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid / BLS / CPR / AED Certified